One of the most popular questions we get is what the proper procedure is to clean a X-Ray Lead Apron. While this exact procedure may vary slightly between different lead apron manufacturers we would like to provide a couple do's and don't for cleaning your aprons. As with any high use product the better you take care of your apron the longer it may last and the nicer it will look.
- Whenever your apron might come into contact with fluids during normal use or if it is time for is regular cleaning, you will want to clean it with a cold damp cloth. Do not immerse it in water or under a faucet.
- A mild detergent may be used such as Scrubbles Lead Apron Cleaner or our Clorox Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaners. Harsh cleaning agents should be avoided as they can damage the fabric of your lead apron possibly voiding the warranty.
- A soft brush such as a toothbrush can be used to clean soiled areas.
- Our Clorox Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaners can be used for disinfecting purposes.
- Do not us an autoclave to clean a X-Ray Lead Apron.
- Do not launder a X-Ray Lead Apron.
- Do not soak or submerge your apron in water. Only use a damp cloth or soft brush.
- Bleach and other harsh chemicals can damage the fabric of your apron and shorten the life. These should be avoided.
- Always hang your apron on an appropriate Lead Apron Rack for storage an avoid folding the apron to avoid cracks in the lead surfaces.
As always we are here to help you with any of your x-ray accessory needs including a wide variety of styles colors and designs of x-ray lead aprons including select styles in-stock for immediate shipping. Check out our selection of protective x-ray apparel.