The Gammex 156 Mammographic Accreditation Phantom has been #1 phantom listed by the ACR since the start of the MQSA program in 1994. The Gammex 156 provides the physical standard baseline for assuring the quality of the images produced by your mammographic system.
The 156 simulates the x-ray attenuation of a 4.2 cm slab of compressed human breast composed of 50% adipose tissue and 50% glandular tissue. Target objects in the phantom are of known size, shape, and density. These represent the different structures or malignancies found when imaging the breast.
Image quality and system sensitivity is evaluated using these targets and following ACR/MQSA guidelines.
- Routine use of the 156 Mammographic Accreditation Phantom helps satisfy requirements of the ACR Accreditation program for mammography
- The Phantom is helpful in identifying artifacts due to grids, filters and film-processing (for film-screen systems) as well as those produced by digital mammography systems.
- Detect 16 different sizes of targets
- Detect targets down to 0.11 mm in size
- Detects tumor-like masses and micro-calcifications
- The 156 simulates the x-ray attenuation of a 4.2 cm slab of compressed human breast composed of 50% adipose tissue and 50% glandular tissue.
- Acrylic construction with a replacable wax insert
- Test objects composes of nylon fibrils and simulated micro-calcification specs
- Provides the test step needed to measure density differences.
Certification and Warranty
- 1 year warranty
- The phantom is designed to adhere to the requirements of the ACR Accreditation program for Mammography
- Additional Information
Item Number 156 Warranty 1 year Condition New Special Price $900.00 International Shipping No