Top Selling 5 Radiation Glasses!
Radiation protection x-ray glasses are an essential piece of equipment for Radiologist, Technologist, and healthcare professionals who work with ionizing radiation. These glasses are designed to protect the eyes from harmful radiation exposure that can occur during imaging procedures. In this blog post, we will discuss the top five selling frames for radiation protection x-ray glasses, making it easier for you to select the right glasses for your needs.
- Model 15011 Leaded Glasses are a top-selling frame for radiation protection x-ray glasses. These glasses are designed to provide maximum protection from ionizing radiation while still being comfortable to wear for extended periods. The frame is made of durable TR-90 nylon with permanent side shields for added protection. They are also available in a prescriptions. Engraving your name or facility on the inside is also available.
- Radiation Safety Glasses T9559 are another popular choice for imaging professionals. These glasses feature integrated side shields for added protection and also feature a silicone nose pad, rubberized temple bar, and removable foam support on top of the glasses for a comfortable fit. Available in prescription and 4 fun colors!
- Our Model Q368 frame is a popular wrap around style frame design that provides maximum coverage and protection from radiation exposure. The frame is made of lightweight and durable materials, making them comfortable to wear for extended periods. This frame also has an adjustable nose pad and rubber nose piece for consistent comfort. Best suited for large style heads.
- Our T9730 Radiation Glasses are a top-selling frame for radiation protection x-ray glasses. These glasses are made with high-quality materials, including a lightweight frame and distortion free SF-6 Schott glass radiation reducing lenses. The glasses are designed to provide maximum protection from radiation exposure, while still being comfortable to wear for extended periods. Available in 3 fun colors.
- Our T9538S Radiation Protection Glasses are a popular choice for professionals who work with ionizing radiation. These glasses feature a comfortable and durable rectangular lightweight frame that is designed to provide maximum protection from radiation exposure. These lead glasses feature removable side shields for added protection and comfort.
- BONUS: while we just listed our top 5 glasses, we can’t write a blog on glasses without mentioning our extremely popular Fit Over glasses. Our RG-33 fit-over glasses are designed to fit over prescription eyewear. These glasses will fit over almost any style of glasses with comfort. Available in 3 colors.
In conclusion, radiation protection x-ray glasses are an essential piece of equipment for Radiologist, Technologist, and healthcare professionals who work with ionizing radiation. With these top-selling frames for radiation protection x-ray glasses, imaging professionals can easily select the right glasses for their needs, providing maximum protection while still being comfortable and stylish to wear. Visit our website today to order yours!
Foresight Saves Eyesight
There is an old poster hanging on the wall at the National Safety Council that says "Foresight Saves Eyesight." This old saying applies perfectly to today's X-ray Technologist and other Radiology Workers. Given what we now know today about how radiation affects the eye, it is absolutely critical to be prepared with a pair of Protective lead glasses. This particular "best practice" is necessary to prevent the development of cataracts later in life. Research shows that the threshold for acceptable levels of radiation for the human eye is just 10 percent of what we thought it was a few years ago. That's a pretty steep change in acceptable exposure. Shielding your eyes from radiation is a must and, fortunately, you don't have to wear those clunky ol’ glasses that were sold decades ago. Today, there are many varieties of radiation glasses that offer you comfort, visibility and great style. Browse them all on our easy to use website.
How to Measure Your Pupillary Distance (PD)
What is Pupillary Distance?
Pupillary distance (PD) measures the distance between the centers of your pupils. This measurement is used to determine where you look through the lens of your glasses and should be as accurate as possible. The average adult’s PD is between 54-74 mm; kids are between 43-58 mm. Your eye doctor will usually measure your PD during an eye exam. However, if it was not given to you, the below 5 steps will help you measure it yourself.
How to Measure Your PD?
- Stand 8 in. away from a mirror.
- Hold a ruler against your brow.
- Close your right eye then align the ruler’s 0 mm with the center of your left pupil.
- Look straight then close your left eye and open your right eye.
- The mm line that lines up to the center of your right pupil is your PD.
Why is Pupillary Distance Important?
Every set of prescription lenses has an “optical center,” which is determined by pupillary distance. This distance is used to determine where you look through the lens of your glasses and should be as accurate as possible. Your prescription may tell you your PD. But if the PD is not available use your friend or a mirror to help you figure it out.
Armed with your PD and prescription, you can shop atZ&Z Medical Glasses to find your perfect pair of Prescription Radiation Safety Glasses. If you have a question, you can always email email@example.com.
Keep an Eye On Radiation Protection
We hear the problems that Radiologists and technologists face on a regular basis and we work hard to try to solve those problems. It’s no secret that the lens of the eye is one of the most sensitive parts of the body when it comes to radiation. Over the last few years, numerous studies have provided great insights in the development of cataracts as a response to radiation exposure. In fact, the International Commission on Radiation Protection lowered the threshold requirement from 5 Gy to 0.5 Gy. Imaging professionals are at a high risk of developing cataracts if they don't wear protective radiation glasses.
But the problem in the past has been heavy bulky glasses that are not comfortable or slip off your nose while working. Today’s protective eyewear is comfortable and practical AND provides you the best radiation protection for the eyes!
Phillips Safety protective eyewear lenses provide .75mm Pb equivalency, more than adequate shielding from scatter radiation. Phillips Safety radiation protection eyewear provides a higher level of comfort due to their lighter weight and soft padding. We have a wide variety of glasses, weighing as light as 60 grams, and several that can be worn for long periods of time without any discomfort. Of course, you can always order our glasses made to fit your prescription. Finally, our glasses can be ordered with an anti-fog capability as well.
Check out our many choices of glasses that protect and that are also comfortable!
Attention Football Fans: NEW Radiation Glasses – An Exclusive NFL Collection!
Z&Z Medical is proud to offer the NEW Exclusive NFL Collection of Oakley Radiation Protection Glasses. This is an official NFL licensed glasses collection showcasing all the favorite NFL team logo and team colors on the side. This collection is unique to those who work in any profession that has exposure to radiation. These frames have a classic square hipster shape and are extremely sporty with team color designs. Pick your team’s colors and logo out of our 32 color options for the Holbrook NFL Oakley frames. This lightweight frame material makes sure you can wear these radiation safety glasses comfortably all day long. These glasses offer high-quality, distortion-free SF-6 Schott Glass Radiation-reducing lenses with .75mm lead equivalency and a high quality polycarbonate durable frame. All football fans will appreciate these glasses.
While working with radiation, your eyes are one of the most easily damaged and at-risk parts of your body. The lens of your eyes can be damaged irreversibly, even by the lowest doses of radiation. This damage often presents itself in the form of radiation induced cataracts. Having good eyesight is a necessity for those that work in the medical field or any segment involving radiation. At Z&Z Medical, we are confident that we have a wide array of glasses to protect our customers from the harmful effects of radiation. Wearing these spirited frames makes you a true fan whose loyalty goes unquestioned. Visit our website to Pick out Your Favorite Team Glasses. Radiation Glasses Oakley NFL Collection | Lead Glasses | Leaded Eyewear | Z&Z Medical, Inc. (zzmedical.com)